PS2 Emulator: Hey Kids!!! Are you bored with the previous versions of Play Station Games? Then there is an exciting news for all you people who are interested in Video Games. The Sony Company have released the PS2 Emulator an extended version which is quite a masterpiece. So let get started and follow the below FileHippo article completely to know more about PS2 Emulator. You can even bookmark our page www.filehippoo.org for more important updates on PS2 Emulator.
You can download PS2 Emulator from its official website with its most up-to-date plug-ins automatically packed in, and with a configuration wizard that walks you through the whole setup process. PS2 Emulator is a free and open-source PlayStation 2 emulator for Windows, Linux and macOS that supports a wide range of PlayStation 2 video games with a high level of compatibility and functionality.
PS2 Emulator – Play Station 2 Emulator Games
PS2 Emulator can closely mirror the original game play experience on the Play Station 2, PS2 sports a number of improvements over game play on a traditional Play Station 2, such as the ability to use custom resolutions up to 4096×4096, anti-aliasing, and texture filtering. The compatibility rates for the emulator boast over 80% of all PS2 Emulator games as playable.
If you own a reasonably powerful computer then PS2 Emulator is a great emulator. The application also provides support for lower end computers as well, so all owners of Play Station 2 consoles will be able to see games working on their PC. With the PS2 Emulator you will be able to use your PS2 controllers to simulate an authentic Play Station experience. The application also gives you the ability to either run the games straight from the disc or as an ISO image from your hard drive.
Key Features of PS2 Emulator
- Save States – you can press one button to save the current “State” of your game.
- Unlimited memory cards: you can save as many memory cards as you like, you are no longer limited to the single physical cards ranging from 8 MB to 64 MB.
- Higher definition graphics – with PS2 Emulator you have the ability to play your games in 1080 p, or even 4K HD.
Advantages of PS2 Emulator
- Custom resolutions, up to 4096 x 4096, Anti Aliasing and Texture filtering to make your old PS2 Emulator Games look better than their HD remakes.
- Unlimited memory cards.
- Save states, enabling you to quick save and load practically anywhere in your game.
- Easy cheating using our pnach patching system.
- Use any controller (PS3,Xbox360 etc) that works on Windows, keyboards and mice.
- Increase or decrease the game speed by using the built-in frame-limiter for fast grinding or passing hard spots by slowing them down.
- Ability to record in full HD with the built-in video recorder (F12 using the GSdx plugin).
How to Use PS2 Emulator
- Download the version suited for you from our Downloads Section.
- Get the BIOS file from your Play Station 2 console. This is not included with PCSX2 since it is a Sony copyright so you have to get it from your console. Visit the tools section to find out how to do this.
- Install PS2 Emulator.
- Configure PCSX2. For beginners the Configuration Guide video and the Quick Start configuration guide should help you. For a detailed description of every single option you can always refer to the full guide.
- Insert your PS2 game CD/DVD in your DVD rom. You can either run it directly from the disc or create an ISO image of your disc with a program like IMGburn for faster reads.
System Requirements for PS2 Emulator
Minimum Requirements are:
- Windows/Linux OS.
- CPU – Any that supports SSE2.
- GPU – Any that supports Pixel Shader model 2.0, except Nvidia FX series.
- 512MB RAM.
- Windows Vista / Windows 7 (32bit or 64bit) with the latest DirectX.
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.2 GHz or better OR i3/i5/i7 @ 2,8 GHz or better OR AMD Phenom II @ 3,2 GHz.
- GPU: 8800gt.
- RAM: 1GB on Linux/Windows XP, 2GB or more on Vista / Windows 7.
For More Info on PS2 Emulator Visit our official website here.